From 1994 to 1995, Dr. Patel was an assistant professor of medicine at Temple University Hospital. She then became an attending physician at the Carle Clinic Association in Bloomington, Illinois. While there, she was also an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- MD from the University of Southampton Medical School in Southampton, England
- Internship in internal medicine at Hahnemann University Hospital
- Residency at Temple University Hospital
- Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona
- Board Certified and a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board Certified Integrative Medicine and Diplomats of the American Board of Physician Specialties
- Trained in Functional Medicine at the Institute of Functional Medicine